Ernst & Young recently released the results of a survey on asset management investment operations. The survey compiles responses from 40 leading global asset managers headquartered in the US and Europe with assets under management ranging from $5 billion to $1 trillion. While there are differences among asset managers based on size and geographic locations, agreement among firms included
- Focusing on distribution and brand management to drive asset growth
- Assessing and implementing strategic changes to programs to address global regulation by a number of regulators
- Leveraging a firm’s global footprint by creating a global operating model
- Diversifying from traditional financial center hubs to maximize tax advantages
- Considering which operations to outsource, the optimal number of providers to use, and how those third parties can be integrated into the enterprise
- Expanding and maturing data management and information security programs.